At Mimi + Bart we try to contribute to a more responsible, ethical and fair footprint in fashion.
- Our YARNS are GOTS & OEKO TEX certified
- Our FABRIC is OEKO TEX certified
- Accessoires we use (cordbands, wooden buttons, zippers, etc) are all either organic or recycled materials
- All our suppliers are OEKO TEX certified
- Our production company hired one person who is only responsible for Global Recycle Standard (GRS). This certification contains identification and traceability of the recycled content in textile along the entire chain of custody, environmental requirements, social responsibilities and restrictions in the use of chemicals.
- Knitting, dying, printing, manufacturing all happens in Portugal under one roof, in this way reducing CO2 emissions deriving from shipping and transportation.
- All substances used are following strict EU Regulations and are not harmful for kids, adults or environment
- The production company has an local WATER TREATMENT STATION, following Portuguese Government Laws & Regulations. All water used by production will be neutralized and given back to nature
- All industrial waste of the production is sorted for recycling
- Shipping from production site to Mimi+Bart’s HQ is Switzerland is done mostly via land, in shared trucks. Once again trying to reduce CO2 emissions as much as possible.
And soon more, as we always strive the best possible way to achieve higher sustainability goals.
PACKAGING & OFFICE SUPPLIES
- The packaging we use to send the styles to you, is made out of recyclable and recycled cardboard. Moreover, we apologize if the packaging sometimes appears creased or “nor perfect”, but we try to re-use packaging materials if this is still in good conditions.
- We use recycled paper or cardboard in our office. Business cards, postcards and other promo materials derives from recycled paper, cardboard or other recycled material. We carefully select our suppliers based on their attention to using environmental friendly materials.